PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
The Rotoworld writer will be responsible for writing original content regarding the key news and events of the day as well as targeted analysis and some opinion articles, all with an eye on what it means for the fantasy sports landscape. This could apply to either/or MLB and NBA. Note, this is a fully remote position. Responsibilities Write original and insightful news blurbs on key news and events of the day.Cover breaking news stories with quick, concise analysis, both for news consumption and for fantasy sports.Write fantasy sports columns around the day’s news when needed.Work closely with additional writers and contributors on to ensure complete day-part coverage Potential to appear on Rotoworld podcasts as a guest. Should provide analysis to relevant sport.Maintain an active social media presence, promoting the relevant content you create and the content of the other writers on the team – but also adhering to NBC Universal’s social media standards.Basic Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in editorial environments
- Minimum two (2) years’ Internet experience related to MLB and/or NBA
- Understanding of social tools available on the web and how they can be applied to content
- Particular understanding and use of Twitter
- Extensive analytics expertise and experience
- Reliable with the ability to work from home independently without direct supervision in a demanding, fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Proficient at discerning story lines and analyzing stories
- Familiarity with HTML and/or web-authoring tools and software
- Familiarity with AP style and the ability to create clean copy
- Strong comfort level with video and audio editorial presentation
- Team player who is comfortable working with editors
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.