Telemundo Stations Digital Intern (Spring of 2020)
Location: Miramar, Florida
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo Station Group is looking to fill a Digital Internship role for the spring of 2020 period. This internship opportunity is for qualified undergraduate and/ or graduate candidates interested in the TV & Digital broadcasting industry. This a digital editor/reporter role for Telemundo’s Spanish language sites. The intern will gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, networking with professionals and learning from some of the brightest minds in the business.
The opportunity will include working with the Telemundo Station Group in addition to working with the NBC 6 and Telemundo 51 digital teams. The successful intern will demonstrate a passion for learning and the ability to step out of their comfort zone. We are looking for students who are highly motivated and who can function as a team member or independently in a fast paced news and digital environment.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• Letter of Intent (500 -1000 words max)
• At least (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or advisor
• Bilingual – English/Spanish both spoken and written
• Eager to Learn
• Work as a team player
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Previous Internship Experience and/ or have worked in an office environment
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.