Comedy Producer, Nightly Pop & BingE! Club, E! News
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Write with a comedic voice and conceive comedic bitsBrief and prep talentDirect editors and cut down segmentsDirect crew with occasional field producing and create supercutsPitch and develop feature ideas
• Must have at least 6 years of editorial experience in production, live entertainment, and/or talk show/late night experience.
• Must have at least 6 years of editorial experience working in production, live environment, and/or daytime
• Must have at least 6 years of field producing and writing experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Extensive experience directing editors and camera crews including multi-camera shoots.
• Must be willing to work (often on short notice) overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends and be available for breaking news.
• Have strong journalistic knowledge, writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Knowledgeable about social media
• Excellent knowledge and interest in pop culture
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Excellent storytelling skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills especially when under pressure and in breaking news situations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About E! Entertainment
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," “Very Cavallari,” "Total Divas," “Total Bellas,” "Botched,” and “Dating #NoFilter;” topical series “Nightly Pop,” and the return of the “E! True Hollywood Story.” “E! News” is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. The brand’s robust programming slate includes “E! News” and “Daily Pop,” along with digital shows: “E! News’ The Rundown,” “Face Forward” and “What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and E! is also home to the “E! People’s Choice Awards,” the only award show for the people, by the people. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
About Nightly Pop & BingE! Club
Nightly Pop is a candid breakdown of the biggest pop culture entertainment news stories of the week. BingE! Club will be a weekly review series that will discuss what TV shows, movies, music, social sensations, viral videos and more that pop culture fans should be bingeing now.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.