Please note this is a Part-Time position.
Candidates for the Copy Editor must have strong skill sets centered around editing, storytelling and writing, plus an in-depth knowledge of local sports. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to NBCSportsChicago.com. Good communication skills are vital for this fast-paced news environment. AP knowledge is a must. Responsibilities Edit digital content as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines and selecting complementary content such as photos and video.Strong base of AP-Style writing skillsWork with Drupal content management system to publish contentMaintain the voice and demand of the fans as it pertains to sports newsPush content to social mediaUse Adobe Photoshop to edit graphic templates for social mediaPerform other duties and responsibilities as assignedAssist Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears content teamsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in packaging content for a digital audience, editing written content for publication, and headline writing for web/apps
- Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop or other photo-editing software
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays as needed
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB
- Must be a team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.