Director, Production Management
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Vet all budgets for accuracyIdentify areas of potential overage or savingsWork with Live Events SVP to mold budget to creative requests• Financial responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Point person for all third-party production budgets
Regularly meet with Finance to review budget pacing and forecastAnticipate potential overages and report to senior managementPrepare annual production plans, assumptions and budget in concert with FinanceApprove invoices, check requests, expense reports, and petty cash reports for projectsBusiness unit approver for expenses, ensure management is aware of costs coming throughConsistently evaluate workflow and needs to increase cost efficienciesWork with Finance to ensure expenses are being captured appropriately• Manage and supervise direct reports including Production Manager and other in-house team members including project freelancers as needed
• Generate budgets for in-house production as needed
• Prepare or review production plans, schedules and assumptions, schedules
• Point person for questions regarding policies such as union rules, travel rules, insurance, safety, legal concerns and risk management
• Liaise between producers and internal departments as needed (e.g. Business & Legal, Standards & Practices, Rights & Clearances, Art, Studio, Field, Post, Network, etc.)
• Work with HR and facilities for short-term hiring and onboarding, ensure new hires have locations to be placed as needed
• Working with Executive Management to provide additional areas of support
• Provide strategic eye to future production & workflow impacts. Recommend new production methods as appropriate.
• Liaise with legal for production-related questions and needs, such as Independent Contractor Agreements. Make sure productions are obtaining appropriate legal documentation (e.g. Certificates of Engagement, location agreements)
• Knowledge of live and event production process and workflows.
• Heavy experience in budgeting live shows.
• Knowledge of applicable union rules.
• Experience in production finance is a must.
• Minimum five years of related experience preferred.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Team player.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. “E! News” airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," “Total Bellas,” "Botched," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry,” “Very Cavallari” and its newest late night topical series “Busy Tonight.” The brand’s robust digital programming slate includes “E! News’ The Rundown” “Face Forward” and “What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and on November 11 E! becomes the home of the “People’s Choice Awards.” E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.