Telemundo47 Summer 2020 Spanish-Language Internships (WNJU) – NY/NJ
Location: New York, New York
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 owned and operated television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):Assignment Desk Creative Story Telling Daytime Talk Production Sales / MarketingGraphic Design
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to): Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agenciesUpload daily stories to our website and listen to consumer tips/complaintsProduce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be fluent in Spanish
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY or Fort Lee, NJ
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Feburary 14th , 2020
• Summer Program Dates: June – August 2020
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Digital Journalism, English, Digital Media, Business, and Graphic Design
• Previous internship experience, on-campus leadership, and/or working with your campus newspaper
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.