Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Works with Manager, Data & Analytics, to scale enterprise-wide best practices and approaches with respect to data management and BI reporting, specifically working with relational datasets and housing them in a data environment (SQL server or AWS) Assists in building database architecture necessary for advanced analytics and predictive modellingProactively looks for improvements in data collection and standardization of disparate datasetsManages all reporting, analysis and visualization for key functional areas, including Programming, Marketing, and ResearchAnalyzes data through machine learning models (simple and multivariate regressions and decision trees)Educates and trains client teams to retrieve and interpret recurring reports, build dashboards, and perform simple analysesWorks under the direct supervision of the Manager, Data & Analytics and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing data and assisting in building database architecture. This role will be part of a multi-faceted Data & Analytics team responsible for leading high impact projects across varying functions, including Operations, Programming, Marketing, and Finance/Revenue Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience data analysis and database management
• Minimum 1 year of experience with reporting packages, databases, ETL frameworks and demonstrated aptitude with technical systems and dealing with disparate data sources
• Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Office applications including Excel (including pivot tables and macros) and PowerPoint
• Exhibits knowledge and/or technical experience regarding data models for database design development
• Exhibits functional knowledge of statistical concepts (simple linear regressions, what-if scenarios, statistical inference, probability theory)
• Exhibits knowledge of SQL, SAS or any other database management system
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Advanced mathematics or related degree preferred
• Proficient written and verbal communications in Spanish a plus
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
• Prior experience in Advertising or Media & Entertainment companies a plus
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a cross functional team in a dynamic environment
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Effective time management skills and exhibits attention to detail
• Demonstrated fast learner and proactive problem solver
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.