Senior Transaction Manager, NBCU Global Real Estate
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Write and present various executive-level communications to provide recommendations, stimulate discussion, and/or drive decisions based on both qualitative and quantitative factors. Regularly provide and review portfolio metrics; analyze and measure against industry standard and best practices.Monthly reporting on active transactions as well as pipeline review.Assist GRE leadership in development of guidelines and best practices; process building and continuous improvement; and vendor performance management.Other departmental duties as required.
The NBCUniversal Global Real Estate (GRE) team is responsible for portfolio management and transactions for over 600 leased, licensed, and owned records/interests in 39 countries and 213 cities, comprising 13 million square feet of interior space – including corporate offices, studios, warehouses, and technical facilities. GRE’s focus is to deliver a global workplace strategy program that will help attract and retain the best talent to NBCUniversal, and provide design & construction guidance for many locations. We deliver successful projects by partnering with functional peers throughout the world, including operations, facilities, IT, finance, HR, sourcing, business affairs, and legal. Our team is distributed across NYC, LA, and London.
The Senior Manager, Global Real Estate will report to the Vice President, Global Real Estate and will be responsible for a segment of the company’s property portfolio, providing leadership on: strategy and planning, client relationship management, and transactional execution. Your segment of the portfolio will encompass between 200-300 leased, licensed, and owned records/interest comprising approximately 7 million square feet of interior space. The portfolio is inclusive of administrative offices, broadcast & media production studios, warehouses, and communications infrastructure.
Here what you’ll do in this role:Build and maintain strategic consultative relationships with a variety of assigned business leaders, with either a geographic or line-of-business focus. Work with those business partners to develop short-, mid-, and long-range real estate goals and plans, in accordance with enterprise business objectives and guidelines. Plan, organize, and direct the efforts of various internal and external contributors to deliver on all real estate transactions from strategic planning through lease/contract execution, including: brokers, attorneys, and other professionals. Effectively prioritize efforts and load-balance resources among multiple simultaneous active projects at various stages of delivery.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you!
• You have 5+ years of progressive experience in corporate real estate management, with at least 2+ years showing responsibility and accountability for portfolio strategy and complex transactions.
• You have 3+ years of experience working with a variety of property types / asset classes, ideally in a single role or portfolio.
• You have 3+ years of experience personally negotiating a variety of transaction types (owned, leased, build-to-suit/pre-let, etc.) and strategic situations (consolidation, expansion, renewals, greenfield new build, etc.).
• You have a strong financial/analytical background with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
• You have the strong ability to understand and interpret lease language
• You have the ability to prepare and present high-level presentations and analyses/transaction summaries to senior executives
• You have a proven track record of successful real estate transactions
• You have the ability to multi-task in a collaborative, fast paced environment
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• You have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization
• You are a self-starter
• You have previous experience in a large media and/or technology enterprise.
• You have previous experience working in an international corporate real estate role.
• You have an undergraduate degree, preferably in business, finance, or real estate. An advanced education and/or certification(s) focused on any of the following is a big plus: real estate, law, finance, design, engineering, or project management. (e.g. MCR, MSRE, JD, MBA, MFA, IASSC, PMP, PgMP)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.