NBC News & MSNBC Summer 2020 Internships – Washington, D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Researching stories and leads, primarily via telephone and InternetPreparing research materials for correspondent and producers from various sources, including editorial notes for correspondent and producers(for Meet The Press) Assisting in maintaining extensive political research files as well as in compiling research for the show and other projects, including 1947: Meet the Press Podcast and “MTP Daily” on MSNBCFinding and contacting interview subjects, setting up interviewsGreeting and escorting on-air show guests and panellists, managing live in-studio audienceScreening and logging video from various sources, transcribing interviewsObserving and assisting editing of NBC News reports for broadcast and onlineAttending/observing editorial planning meetings and conference callsField-producing occasional shoots and/or interviewsContributing to print versions of reports posted on NBCNews.comGreeting guests arriving at NBC News for meetings or interviewsOther administrative support
Internships may include (but are not limited to):Politics & Foreign AffairsNBC NewsChannelPolitics (for NBCNews.com)Andrea Mitchell ReportsJustice (Pete Williams)Nightly News/Weekend Nightly News (includes weekend hours)General AssignmentTODAY/Weekend TODAY (includes weekend hours)Meet The PressPolitical BookingInvestigationsTechnical ProductionHardball with Chris Matthews
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Washington, DC
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 14, 2020.
Summer Internship Program Dates: June 2020 – August 2020
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Previous experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.