Reporter - WNBC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Must be aggressive, a strong writer, an exceptional storyteller and live performer. Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories. Strong enterprising and investigative skills.Strong on-camera presence for taped and live reports. Must be a team player and work effectively in a fast paced environment.Knowledge of non-linear editing and shooting preferred. Flexible scheduling required. 5 years reporting in a large market preferred. Tri-state area knowledge preferred.Must be a team player and work effectively in a face paced environment
NBC 4 New York is searching for a strong reporter who has a proven record of breaking stories and consistently producing enterprise content.
Duties include generating story ideas, researching and setting up the content and interviews, producing the content in the field, writing and voicing the story, and presenting the story live as scheduled on a designated newscast. We're looking for applicants who bring ideas to the table every day.
*This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a television reporter
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications or related major
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Extensive familiarity with the NYC area
• Ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth
• Excellent news judgment
• Solid digital shooting skills
• Experience working with desktop computers and exposure to laptop editing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build relationships and sources
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and act as a team player
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tools
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.