Associate, Strategy, Partnerships & BD, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The NBCU Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) group is building the company’s upcoming streaming service that is set to launch in early 2020. The new streaming service will provide consumers access to world-class premium content and will draw upon NBCUniversal’s large content library, as well as its broad reach of over 90 million U.S. households, plus Comcast and Sky’s leading technology platforms. It will feature some of the world’s most popular television and film franchises, including homegrown original programming as well as content from outside partners.
The DTC Strategy, Partnerships and Business Development team is looking for an Associate to join its New York based-team. The team plays a key role across numerous DTC workstreams including strategy, proposition, business model, M&A, and content and distribution partnerships. With the aim of developing and executing on strategic priorities, the team is highly visible across the DTC organization. The Associate position will report to the Vice President of Strategy, Partnerships and Business Development, and will be responsible for critical strategic projects.
Work independently and in small teams on critical projects including business model forecasting, content strategy and analysis, partnership structures and terms, and M&A.Analyze 1st and 3rd party data on key topics such as business drivers and performance indicators.Perform market research and competitive analysis to help inform DTC leadership.Identify and evaluate new trends, categories, concepts and businesses that will grow the DTC business in alignment with the long-range strategic plan.Develop relationships with teams both inside DTC and across the broader organization to help execute on strategic initiative with the focus on long-term growth for the business.Build and maintain team owned models. Communicate findings effectively both verbally and in written form including executive-ready presentations.
• Candidates should have strong analytical and communication skills. The DTC business is a fast paced and highly-demanding environment and candidates are expected to be able to learn quickly, be comfortable in ambiguity and deliver results often on tight project deadlines. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively both in groups as well as autonomously.
• 2-3 years of experience in a corporate strategy role at media, tech, internet or direct-consumer business, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and top management consulting firm. We are looking for flexible thinkers with rigorous modelling and analysis backgrounds.
• Ability to accurately assess both short and long-term implications of changing business models and growth drivers.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and knowledge.
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.