Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
The Public Policy Institute of California is dedicated to informing and improving public policy in the state through nonpartisan research on a range of topics. PPIC seeks a creative, energetic digital content manager to play a key role cultivating and engaging our diverse audiences. As a key member of PPIC’s digital team and overall communications group, the digital content manager will help develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to enhance engagement across social media channels and the organization’s website. This position reports to the director of media and web in PPIC’s San Francisco office.
- In collaboration with the director of media and web and the digital team, develop and help implement a strategic plan that integrates PPIC’s digital tools—website and blog, email marketing, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms—to effectively drive audience engagement and improve the user experience.
- Create, solicit, and edit high quality graphics and other content for web, email, and social media. Ensure consistent brand identity across platforms.
- Create engaging and informative video content and develop strategies for sharing and promoting in the digital space.
- Manage active social media presence, developing a consistent voice. Monitor daily news, policy developments in California, and PPIC media mentions to seize opportunities to share timely, relevant content.
- With digital marketing associate, create and implement digital campaigns and related activities and collaborate with other team members to ensure success.
- Work with digital team to establish and monitor metrics to track the impact of PPIC’s digital efforts and recommend improvements.
- Drive innovation by staying current with technology, trends, and new ideas for content, management, and process improvements.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices and monitor content activities of peer organizations.
- Manage third-party vendors supporting digital engagement efforts and activities.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the institute to share ideas and leverage content.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in online editorial/content strategy.
- Experience developing and editing graphics, charts/maps, and video.
- Ability to manage social media across multiple platforms.
- A solid understanding of brand management; excellent judgement required.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrable project management experience. Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines. A problem-solver, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work collaboratively. Experience managing teams desirable.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; able to interpret data and translate it into accessible formats.
- Proficiency in web and social media analytics.
- Knowledge of social media paid advertising techniques and best practices.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, and preferably interactive graphics software (Tableau, Infogram, e.g.).
- Experience with video production and editing software.
- Interest in California policy issues.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. AA / EEO / Veterans / Disabled employer.