IBT is searching for a Comment and Contributors Editor to develop strategy and build out a team of contributors for our flagship business website, IBT.com. The role combines the classical aspects of an op/ed editor: building a network of writers and commissioning timely content to provoke and add to the discourse; and modern day digitally focused newsrooms: growing audiences, and allowing contributors to grow within our platform.
We are aiming to build out a diverse network of contributors, from one-offs, regular domain-experts, knowledgeable bloggers, authors, etc. Candidates should be ‘ideas’ people that can recognize and recruit quality talent and at the same time scale readership and uphold the brand.
This editor will report and write and will also cultivate and maintain a network of high-quality freelance contributors who are immersed in, and attuned to, a wide variety of perspectives and interests, including:
• Business / Leadership
• Finance / Markets
• Tax / Tax Law
• International Business
• Politics and Policy as it relates to business
• Technology and Innovation
• and more
The goal would be to build a network to scale that can be responsive to current events, as well as lead the conversation. The freelance network will include academics, freelance writers, bloggers, authors, practicing professionals, columnists, and other experts.
Responsibilities Could Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Organizing workflow and editorial calendar of contributed content
• Recruiting, editing and mentoring contributors
• Brainstorming ideas and pitching compelling stories
• Collaborating with contributors and the social media team to distribute and promote content
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• At least 3 years of editing experience
• Ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Exceptional news judgment and a strong sense of trending topics
• Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Copyediting skills and natural ability to make complex ideas easy to understand
IBT Media runs several award winning websites in various verticals, reaching over 30M readers per month.