- Full Time
This position is responsible for coordinating the localized production and implementation of planned marketing strategy designed by corporate for account recognition and advertising materials for the assigned location. Works closely with the marketing team to ensure development of promotions that serve location and consignor needs. Works with the Marketing Manager to ensure that promotional efforts align with and support the broader strategy and needs of the market and company.
- Partner with commercial accounts and dealer services managers to drive and promote in-lane and online sales to buyers.
- Implement key account, business unit, market-specific and location promotions. Work in-lane auction sale marketing for commercial and dealer accounts. Ensure marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget.
- Oversee execution of marketing activities to dealers and auction facilities including print, displays, and signage. Ensure that effective auction/lane signage and décor are in place for the location.
- Coordinate development of onsite signage/ads using provided templates when available, with direction from the Marketing Manager and assistance from the Graphic Designer, as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date location information on company websites, including: contacts, sale information, and pre-sale and post sale lists. Ensure that an effective and approved social media presence is in place for the location.
- Work with auction leadership and Marketing Manager to develop a targeted e-mail plan.
- In partnership with location leadership, develop and effectively manage advertising and promotional budget.
- Work with auction leadership at assigned location and Marketing Manager to develop quarterly marketing plans that service the needs of location consignors and overall location goals, while aligning with quarterly plans for Key Accounts, business units, and the market.
- Work through the Marketing Manager to communicate key upcoming events and marketing campaigns at the location to the field sales team.
- Track giveaways and promotional item inventory. Ensure appropriate reporting of promotional item receipt to the finance department.
- Produce catalogs and run lists for sale inventory, using templates or required inserts when applicable.
- Make hotel reservations for dealers visiting the location. Track travel receipts and dealer transactional information to submit to the finance department for dealer reimbursement when applicable.
- Provide day-to-day functional leadership to Concierge Representative(s), if applicable.
- Participate in the location’s managers meeting as needed on occasion to share updates on marketing and concierge, if applicable.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in marketing or advertising preferred.
- 1-3 years of marketing and/or promotions and customer service experience preferred. Previous experience in the auto industry highly preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Good computer skills are essential and fundamental graphic arts knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office products required, layout/design software preferred
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing work environment
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.