Do you love to read books and are you interested in learning how publishers launch them into the marketplace? Then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Penguin Young Readers School and Library Marketing department is seeking a Marketing Assistant to provide administrative and project-based support to the team. Reporting into the Vice President and Executive Director, the Assistant will have great exposure to all aspects of the Marketing Department and the many divisions and imprints within Penguin Young Readers Group. This is perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about reading and loves children’s books!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Brainstorming and supporting the execution of marketing plans.
* Coordinating promotional mailings to industry influencers.
* Managing all Penguin Classroom social accounts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
* Creating PowerPoint presentations for Book Buzzes to teachers and librarians.
* Managing the submission of all books to institutional review outlets and executing timely announcements of all reviews to the organization.
* Executing the mass e-mailing of seasonal catalog to 600+ reviewers three times a year and fulfilling all book request orders.
* Providing support on all national and regional conferences, including travel 6-8 times a year.
* Providing general support to the department, including meeting preparation, booking author travel, submitting books to national and state awards, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Interest in and enthusiasm for children’s literature, particularly in the school and library field
* Previous office and school or library experience preferred but not required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Proficiency with social media a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.