- Full Time
About Jerrick Media
Jerrick Media envisions, designs and builds modern technology companies. Vocal is a long-form social publishing platform managed by Jerrick Media. Currently, Vocal has 34 genre-specific community sites in its growing network, including science fiction, health and wellness, gaming, military, poetry, and more. Once contributors create an account on Vocal, they have the ability to submit content to one of the community sites and be vetted by our expert team of moderators. All contributors can monetize their content through reads and gifting. Learn more about Vocal here: https://vocal.media/resources
Responsibilities & Important Details
The responsibilities of the job will be split between helping to maintain the safety of Vocal communities and helping creators maximize their success on the platform.
You’re the right person for the job if you’re looking to get in on the ground floor of a technology company with this entry level position and you’re eager to make a big impact and help build something amazing with us!
This is a temporary position with an off-set week. With 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
While the Copy Editor position is currently temporary, Jerrick is always looking for talented people. If there is a good fit between yours skills and our culture, a full time is position will be considered.
The Copy Editor will be expected to:
- Meticulously copy edit multiple blog posts per day for spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and tense consistency.
- Identify any recurring errors in content and report to the manager and Senior Editor accordingly.
- Check that keywords are used in the title, subtitle, and monitor keyword density throughout each article.
- Deliver amazing support for creators: you’ll be the face and voice of Vocal as you field inquiries, resolve issues big and small, and strengthen relationships via emails, live chat, and in-person meetings
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in English or a related major, and provide GPA on submitted resume.
- Have at least 1 year of experience copy editing for a print or online publication.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of style guides, and adaptable to in-house exceptions to traditional style guide rules.
- Have writing experience.
- Have experience in customer service.
- Have a basic knowledge of SEO.
- Be able to exercise an intense attention to detail.
- Be able to multitask and efficiently jump between multiple job duties.