3 days left
- Full Time
THE HASTINGS CENTER, GARRISON, N.Y.
The Hastings Center is an internationally renowned research institute, focused on ensuring the wise use of emerging technologies and just and compassionate health care. The Center is a pioneer in the field of bioethics, has shaped policies around the end of life, and is actively pursuing research in genomics, neuroscience, immigrant health care, and the implications of a wide range of new technologies on society.
The Hastings Center is seeking to hire a Communications Coordinator to join our team to develop and implement integrated public relations campaigns that deliver impact. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and will be a detail-oriented team player. The position includes media relations, material development, stakeholder outreach, and digital / social engagement. Come work in a small but dedicated purpose-driven organization as we celebrate 50 years of shaping ideas in health, technology, and society.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials
- Translate peer-reviewed scholarly research into highly accessible, high-utility briefs, explainers, and stories.
- Develop and manage tactical PR plans
- Support a wide array of high-profile event marketing and logistics
- Engage online and offline with media and influencers
- Develop and implement tactics that position the center as a thought leader, including drafting and placing articles
- Grow our reach through targeted social / email tactics
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Business/Marketing, Journalism, English, Public Relations or Science discipline with a minimum of 2-4years of professional experience required; agency / nonprofit background preferred
- STRONG PREFERENCE: Desire to work with a purpose-focused organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to effectively plan, organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong understanding of public relations concepts and tactics, and media relations
- A team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Desire to have some fun and do well by doing good
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with bioethics or health, academic, or science communications
Application components (in a single document):
- Letter of application describing your background and interest in the position
- Three writing samples geared to a general audience, each no longer than 1,000 words
- Names and contact information for two references
Apply Here. Applicants will be contacted regarding phone and on-site interviews.
Application deadline: Rolling.
For questions relating to this search, please write to email@example.com.
The Hastings Center offers its employees health insurance; generous vacation, sick leave, and personal time; and holidays. The Hastings Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Hastings Center is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan institution that since 1969 has been a leader in research, education, and policy recommendations on the ethical and social impact of advances in medicine, health care, and biotechnology. We are located in Garrison, New York, 50 miles north of New York City. For more information about The Hastings Center, visit www.thehastingscenter.org.