Press Coordinator - PR Firm
- Full Time
Brilliant PR & Marketing Seeks Public Relations Press Coordinator
Brilliant PR & Marketing is a Leading agency serving consumer lifestyle brands with an emphasis on products for families including baby and maternity, toys and games, tech, and housewares and food, Brilliant PR & Marketing seeks an entry-level Public Relations Press Coordinator to support our fast-paced culture and rapid growth!
Our ideal Public Relations Press Coordinator is at the start of their career but has aspirations to progress quickly to more senior-level agency positions. Key responsibilities will be tracking the success and result your team generates through media monitoring, fueling our agency’s proprietary results reporting database, creating custom reports to merchandise results to clients, communicating those results directly to clients, and more.
This role is the perfect opportunity to learn and refine elements of the public relations trade that are the foundation for every role within an agency setting. This includes refining your research skills, developing professional judgment, learning how to strategically communicate with clients and more. You’ll work within the framework of a supportive 3-4 person team that will depend upon and guide you in executing the fundamental account tasks you’ll be leading while valuing your contributions to clients’ campaigns, strategies, events, and activations. We also recognize that the right candidate for this role may not be fresh out of school, but rather a seasoned professional from another field looking to take the first step toward a career pivot, or, a PR veteran who has been away from agency life for a while and looking to reenter.
So what’s Brilliant all about? We are a unique PR agency in that our more than 20 team members each work remotely, with pockets of staff centralized in NYC, LA, Texas and Scottsdale, AZ, and even more scattered around the country. We give our people the resources and freedom to get their work done without having to sit in a cubicle or stuffy office, but team members are expected to be self-starting, super-motivated individuals who have project and time management down to an art. Although we are remote, team members are expected to be available and online during normal business hours.
- Monitoring client media, influencer, and social coverage and sending “Hits As They Happen” emails in real-time
- Tracking and coordinating product requests, sample inventory, and client sample budgets
- Generating monthly client reports via Coverage Book and manage real-time published coverage tracker in AirTable
- Using Cision, Klear, Google, Twitter, Instagram, and more to build curated media and influencer target lists
- Developing management skills by leading interns to success
- Becoming a professional researcher and mastering the art of using Google, LinkedIn, and other search engines
- Showing off your understanding of numbers and data by taking the charge on identifying insights and creating metrics reports
- Learn how to be a pitch master!
Beyond these core responsibilities, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to the bigger picture and reach toward more advanced tasks. Examples include contributing ideas for pitch angles, influencer opportunities, activations, and campaigns, drafting pitches, press materials and more.
Basic Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, marketing, journalism, communications or a related area of study
- At least 6 months experience in consumer products PR, preferably in an agency setting (including internships or college work experiences). No internship experience? Check out our Press Coordinator in Training program!
- Familiarity with Outlook, Cision, Google Docs, video conferencing and Glip
- First-hand experience with social media channels and influencers including Facebook
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, project management, and time management skills
- Experience with Coverage Book, Meltwater/Klear, AirTable and video and photo editing software is a BIG plus
- SUPER organized style and the ability to focus working off-site
- Excitement for numbers! PR involves analyzing data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Experience using Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
Did we forget to mention Fabulous Fridays? You get the 1st Friday of every month off!
Sound like a fit?! To apply, you will need to complete our online application, our pre-assessment test, and provide samples of your work and resume. Please set aside about 45 minutes to complete the entire application. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. Ready to apply? https://www.brilliantprandmarketing.com/full-time-remote-press-coordinator/