The New York Post has been telling stories for over 200 years. Every day, we work relentlessly to uncover and tell the stories you can't resist. Founded as a newspaper, the New York Post has evolved into a national digital brand. Our flagship sites, nypost.com and pagesix.com. Decider.com and all of our digital products and social channels are infused with the flavor and style of the original newspaper, but also purpose-built for the digital age.
Want to know what it’s like to be a sports journalist in 2020? We will provide you with all the experiences necessary for you to understand what it takes to thrive in this fast-paced, ever-changing industry.
We are seeking a motivated Summer Sports Intern to join the Best Sports Team in Town!
- Write and edit stories for digital and print publications, initially with guidance from editors
- Work on tight deadlines, producing stories in a timely fashion.
- Cover live events, such as MLB games or NFL practices, or press conferences.
- Uncover new stories and effectively pitch them for publication.
- Experience at college newspaper or web site strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of all sports to include New York teams
- Track record of strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the New York Post and our writing style
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.