The Editor/Shooter is responsible for strategic conceptualization, stylized shooting, and specialized editing for content across all platforms. Reporting to the Vice President of Programming, this position works closely with producers and talent to deliver high quality production for lifestyle programs, sales productions, documentaries, and live events across all platforms. This position requires an ability and desire to communicate clear messages in new and creative ways. The ideal candidate will help conceptualize and execute innovative storytelling in both short and long form formats. Further details include:
· Develops appropriate shooting and editing styles based on the content and platform
· Participates in station-sponsored events and projects
· Manages and properly maintains all production equipment
· Troubleshoots technical problems and solutions
· Collaborates with News photographers on equipment needs
· Ability to work occasional weeknights or weekends
- Work with Sales team and clients to execute high quality integrations and commercial productions
Qualifications/Requirements : · A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in news or programming field production
· A minimum of 3 years experience working with Adobe Premiere
· Knowledge of other editing software such as Final Cut Pro a plus.
· Local TV News experience a plus
· Interested candidates must submit a resume
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• BA or Equivalent
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Common sense approach
• A strong aptitude for new technology
• A sense of humor and fun, engaging production style
• Self-directing, self-motivating, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• A versatile team player with the ability to thrive under pressure.
• Competitive spirit and strong team collaborator
• Open, clear communicator
• Proficient in Adobe After Effects
• Strong interpersonal skills
• DSLR Camera video shooting knowledge
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.