The Manager, Mobile & Connected, is responsible for leading the successful delivery of mobile and connected project initiatives. This role will provide leadership and oversight of mobile engineers, integration, and adherence to PMO (Project Management Office) and SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) processes and functions. Liaison between all stakeholders, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to articulate technical assessments to both technical and non-technical people. Ambition, attention to detail, product quality, and delivering against deadlines are all critical to being successful in this role. Responsibilities
Working closely with various teams, internal stakeholders, and third-party partners on complex projects ensuring development is aligned with the NBC Sports technical strategy and roadmapResponsible for the implementation, build, integration and quality assurance of mobile and connected technologiesLead the development of new projects and ongoing maintenance of all supported technology platformsManage software developers and engineering leads across multiple teams supporting multiple consumer facing apps on multiple mobile and connected platformsCreate and foster collaborative relationships with Product Management, QA, and Operations teams and support them to ensure that products are correctly defined, documented, tested, and released Responsible for ensuring product and development roadmaps are inclusive of platform updates and deprecation/upgrade requirementsEvaluate and introduce new technologies that provide efficiencies in development and/or platform specific features Manage and coordinate the activities of mobile and connected application developers, working closely with PMO and other stakeholders to ensure project efficiency and deadlines are met Track, monitor, mitigate and communicate all risks Basic Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in developing, testing and deploying enterprise level applications
- Experience in leading and/or managing the development, testing and deployment of mobile and connected applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in mobile and connected technologies
- Experienced in working with different methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Hybrid
- Expertise in Microsoft Visio, Excel, Jira and Confluence
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity with application submission processes in various stores, such as the App Store, Google Play, etc.
- A passion for delivering high-quality consumer facing applications
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverables across projects and resources
- Ability to deliver on critical deadlines while keeping focus on strategic initiatives
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to both technical and non-technical resources
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
- Able to delegate work effectively and assess and mitigate risks, and escalate appropriately
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks quickly
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.