Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Full Time
The Future of StoryTelling (FoST) is a media and event company that explores, promotes, and demonstrates the awesome power of storytelling in the digital age. Through its summits, exhibitions, and performances, FoST inspires leaders at the cutting edge of media, technology, and communications. Through its consulting, it empowers businesses and brands to radically amplify their storytelling, both internally and externally. And through its parent company, Melcher Media, it produces groundbreaking and awarding-winning books, apps, videos and new media productions for a wide range of clients, including high-profile authors such as Oprah Winfrey, Al Gore, and Lin-Manuel Miranda, and global companies like Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft.
FoST is currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, world-class executive assistant to support the founder and CEO in all realms of his day-to-day activities. This is an incredible opportunity to be at the intersection of storytelling and technology in a dynamic organization. The right candidate will have outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written); be a seasoned multitasker; be committed to accuracy and attention to detail; and be an upbeat team player able to see the big picture but with a no-task-is-too small attitude.
In addition to planning, logistics, and operational work, the job offers the opportunity to perform research, share creative ideas, and support various strategic initiatives for the overall business.
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Manage the CEO’s daily schedule, coordinate his meetings, and plan all his travel
- Work side-by-side with the CEO, staying abreast of his daily interactions, taking notes in some calls and meetings, and handling meeting follow-up
- Oversee and assist in email and written communications
- Interface in a friendly manner with senior-level staff and high-profile clients, partners, and other collaborators
- Assist in new business development including research, proposal writing and updating sales tracker database
- Manage and update contact lists and social media accounts
- Research trends in media and entertainment
- Participate in creative brainstorming meetings for new projects
- Help support general office management
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD ALSO DEMONSTRATE:
- Excellent editorial skills, including strong grammar, copy editing, proofreading, writing, and communication expertise
- Outstanding organizational skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to stay cool under pressure
- An enthusiasm for current trends in technology and next-generation storytelling
- A genuine interest in bloggers, influencers, authors, websites, print publications, and other media outlets that dabble in topics related to the future of storytelling
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Minimum 2–3 years of experience as an executive or administrative assistant
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Teams
- Exemplary references