Sales Assistant - Special Markets (2 positions available)
Posted: 1/2/2020 | Expires: 2/1/2020
Location: NEW YORK, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Join Penguin Random House’s dynamic Special Markets team! This unique sales team is responsible for selling titles under all core and client publishers into niche retail and wholesale accounts. Have you ever wondered how your favorite books get into stores like Urban Outfitters or Williams Sonoma? It’s Special Markets!
The two Sales Assistants will work closely with various Sales Managers to help effectively streamline sales outreach across the entire channel. These roles provide sales support across a broad base of categories and niche accounts and/or the field salesforce in the form of regular and regimented customer outreach and communication. Additionally, the Sales Assistants will work on title curation, creating sales materials, and finding new outlets for our books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Working closely with Specialty Retail Sales Managers to identify existing customers to be targeted.
* Research and develop new markets for our books.
* Craft targeted pitches.
* Create seasonal PowerPoint presentations and Mailchimp newsletters.
* Follow up on customer orders and sales leads.
* Capture and maintain notes on progress and upload to salesforce.
* Communicate with Imprint Sales team to ensure all requisite materials are sourced for seasonal sell-in.
* Communicate with sales management regarding account activities and preparing weekly sales reports.
* Attend and participate at trade shows, as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Genuine interest in sales and book publishing
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
* Proactive with strong follow-up skills
* Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.