Sr. Director, Metadata & QA-Peacock, Direct to Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead 24/7 Metadata & QA team responsible for servicing and supporting the Direct to Consumer asset fulfillment supply chainEstablish, initiate and administer content QA guidelines and control protocols; working with technology, product, and customer service teams to analyze, regulate, and continuously improve user-facing experiences on all platforms and programming environments Oversee Content QA team responsible for auditing on demand video supply chain; partnering with copywriters, video editorial specialists, creative leads, and support teams to proactively address all content delivery demands and concerns Lead Metadata & QA team in charge of holistic management and monitoring of project timelines to ensure all content milestones and deliverables are met or exceeded Drive video metadata specification research, development, and consolidation; advocating for consistency of brand voice and diplomatically instituting changes as needed while adhering to product guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters Manage and maintain video metadata acquisition and syndication standards to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAs Compile technical requirements for enhancements to existing metadata workflows; recommending revisions while researching emerging trends and solutions to improve overall program discoverabilityCollaborate with design teams to define and continuously refine artwork delivery specifications for series key art and episodic imagery Create, maintain and revise process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed to help drive efficiencies and readiness for both upstream and downstream publishing workflows Provide subject matter expertise; focused on promoting metadata awareness by evangelizing the benefits improved standards have on helping to address KPIs
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Senior Director of Metadata & Quality Assurance to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for a candidate with an eye for detail, a passion for organization, an obsession with accuracy, and the innovative problem-solving expertise to tackle any technical challenge they encounter.
In this role, you’ll establish and enforce quality assurance solutions and control standards for all on demand video, copy, and artwork assets published to the Direct to Consumer product line. Your dedication to optimizing both QA input and QC output will drive the results needed to service our subscribers efficiently and consistently.
This position requires a mastery of digital supply chain economics; constantly auditing internal asset deliveries and availabilities while maintaining external-facing UX best practices and presentation standards. You and your team of QA experts and content operations specialists will ensure all video records as well as the supporting metadata and artwork that accompany them meet our exacting standards. This commitment to precise program representation will set the bar for overall content governance and will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing asset schema, taxonomy, ontology, program hierarchy, programing types, and data/program classifications
• Minimum 7 years of experience:
o overseeing digital QA and QC governance
o working with database management and API data delivery specifications & workflows
• Minimum 5 years of experience:
o researching and consulting on publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
o project management experience with methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Lighthouse and Confluence
• Minimum 3 years of experience:
o managing operational teams
• Expertise with consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Expertise with digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to photography, key art, and logo treatments as well as their related file formats (e.g. RAW, PNG, JPG, EPS)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Practical experience with SEO algorithms, processes, and techniques
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Working knowledge of MAM and DAM systems
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Experience using Aspera, Signiant, and other enterprise-grade file transfer services/agents
• Experience with search engine optimization techniques, methodologies and best practices
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Familiarity with ad serving platforms and solutions (Freewheel, DFP, etc.) as well as DAI
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.