Senior Publicist - Children's
- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books, one of the leading publishers of children’s and teen books, is currently seeking a Senior Publicist to join its publicity team. This candidate will work on a wide variety of bestselling titles across all imprints. The ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, and has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Work independently on publicity campaigns for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle grade and young adult novels, as well as brand programs.
- Pitch and secure interviews, features, and review coverage with national and local media, including broadcast, print, and online blogs and sites.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media including TV/radio producers, book reviewers, as well as booksellers/event coordinators.
- Plan and execute author appearances including multi-city book tours, local appearances, school visits, and special events.
- Arrange all travel for assigned authors and create tour schedules.
- Write compelling press releases, pitches, and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Brief authors on media interviews and accompany them to NYC based media bookings and events.
- Attend several festivals and conventions a year.
- Collaborate closely with the publicity team as well as editors, agents, and the marketing, sales, and digital teams.
- Minimum 3-4 years of publicity experience required
- Experience in children’s publishing or media is preferred
- Proven ability to generate creative angles, pitches, and secure off the book page coverage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills
- A college degree or equivalent experience
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.