Marketing and Client Services Coordinator for Super Fun Start-Up!
- Full Time
Flourishing start-up looking for a Marketing and Client Services Coordinator to help us TAKE OVER THE WORLD (of college essay advising).
What we’re looking for: Our ideal candidate is a superstar, looking to enter on the ground level of a rapidly expanding operation. The position involves direct contact with the company’s CEO and has incredible potential for growth. The primary responsibilities involve overseeing our direct communication with customers: from social media and content marketing to customer service and sales. The person in this role will also have the opportunity to dip a toe in the varied tasks involved in building and growing a business. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or a motivated communications professional looking for increased work/life flexibility. Ultimately, we hope to find a thoughtful, diligent and creative candidate who is interested in becoming a long-term addition to our team.
About the Company: College Essay Advisors (CEA) is an education company that works with college applicants to help them craft compelling and effective college admissions essays. CEA’s advising services help students reach their maximum potential and present their most polished and intriguing selves to an admissions board, while taking the stress out of the essay writing process. CEA’s one-on-one advising services and online resources have helped students gain admission to a wide variety of academic institutions including members of the Ivy League and the Big Ten, private liberal arts universities and everything in between. We approach each student's goals with a high level of expertise, an eye towards efficiency and a healthy dose of fun.
A few more things about CEA:
We’re awesome at what we do. Our CEO has been advising students for over a decade and CEA as a whole has already helped hundreds of students gain admission into the colleges of their dreams. We love helping students succeed. (And unshockingly, our students love getting acceptance letters!)
We’re expanding like a post-blizzard slush puddle in Times Square. Which is to say, quickly. Every year our services are booked to capacity and this year we’re looking to take the operation to new heights.
We’re, like, totally cool. One of our core company values is “be fun and have fun.” It’s what our teenage clients love about us, and it is what we love about our brand. We don’t believe in the workplace-as-torture-chamber mentality and expect that employees will bring their best celeb gossip, favorite book reviews and maybe even donuts (please?) to the office each day.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Launching and managing marketing/promotional/ad campaigns for services
- Managing the sales process from acquiring new leads to closing clients
- Streamlining internal processes, organizing document libraries and implementing systems for data/sales tracking and analysis
- Executing basic financial projections
- Spearheading content creation for the company blog, newsletter, and YouTube channel
- Managing brand voice and communication across all social channels
- Researching the current market and identifying growth opportunities
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English or any other relevant field (convince us why it is relevant - we're open!)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the American college admissions process (experience with admissions essays in particular is a plus!)
- Experience managing profiles on key social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Google Apps, Wordpress and social media platforms
- Stellar writing and communication skills
- Basic spreadsheet creation abilities and light experience with financial projections and growth goal setting
- Excellent judgment and the ability to work independently
- Impeccable attention to detail (We love perfectionists!)
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Professional email and phone personality
- Creative problem solving skills and the mindfulness required to take initiative
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Fine-tuned research skills
- An affinity for or at least a willing tolerance of reality tv-show talk
- A sense of humor
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, and other web marketing tools and strategies
- Basic graphic design and/or video editing skills
- Nerdy obsessions of any kind
- Love of pepperoni pizza
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of your choice (preferably something creative and/or in an essay style. We love to learn new things, but no research papers, please!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent without all of these items will not be considered, even if you try to bribe us with Mallomars after the fact. We look forward to hearing from you!
We encourage candidates of all races, colors, religions, national origins, gender identities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing and Client Services Coordinator for Super Fun Start-Up!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly