Assistant Assignment Editor (Bilingual)
- Full Time
Assistant Assignment Editor
CGTN News Desk- Mandarin Division
Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events. Possess a clear understanding of digital news gathering and TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques. Must be capable of efficiently handling multiple breaking news stories in a fast paced network newsroom environment. Must be experienced in planning the coverage of upcoming large and small-scale news events.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Gather and enter data related to workload
· Compile reports to managers for review, in both English and Mandarin.
· Constantly track correspondent assignments, shooting and delivery schedules
· Work closely with general, business, talk format and long-form show producers to satisfy content needs
· Develop and maintain a close familiarity with issues and personalities influencing news events in North and South America, as well as in China and the Asia-Pacific
· Adhere to the highest journalistic standards for ethics and responsibility
· Easily adapt to other duties and responsibilities required by the Director of the Mandarin Division
· Possess an understanding of television news agencies and how they function
· Bi-lingual in both English and Mandarin.
· Must have at least 1-3 years network or major market newsgathering experience
· Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills
· Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment
· Have and maintain a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events
· A valid work visa is required
· Keen interest in China and Asia-Pacific
· International news gathering and television field experience a plus
Apply for Assistant Assignment Editor (Bilingual)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly