- Full Time
Cox Automotive is adding an experienced UX Architect to the Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) team of our vAuto office located in Austin, TX.
* clicking on the image above will open a new window with the Google Maps location of the Cox Automotive, vAuto office *
The UX Architect is responsible for owning the full UX process; product strategy, user research, information architecture, application concepts (prototyping), and visual design. UX Architects work to identify and translate user needs into digital products and applications. UX Architects drive the evolution of User Experience for Cox Automotive through education, advocacy, and thought leadership. As a key member of a core Agile team, this position collaborates with product and engineering leaders to deliver features that delight customers while delivering on business objectives.
- Lead product user experience strategy; research, identify and work directly with customers and consumers, using stakeholder interviews, competitive audits (business and UX) and user research to understand and validate product concepts and direction.
- Create enjoyable customer experiences by iterating on designs and gathering feedback to constantly improve products
- Transform needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions
- Keep abreast of industry developments and new technologies
- Design and evaluate visual human interfaces using user-centered design principles
- Develop UX related documentation, such as requirements, research ﬁndings, journey maps, use cases, user proﬁles, and mental models
- Deﬁne the information architecture and interaction ﬂow of applications
- Present conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes to key stakeholders
- Analyze usage data to gain deeper product understanding, KPIs and craft recommendations
- Conduct surveys and interviews with internal team members, product experts, and external customers
- Evangelize and educate product and engineering teams to have a better understanding of UX best practices and techniques
- Mentor, multiply and grow skills in more junior UX roles
- Can translate insights from user studies and analytical data into meaningful actions
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Lean UX methodologies
- A portfolio that shows your thought process and ability to ship user-centered products
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or a related ﬁeld, or equivalent work experience in lieu of education
- 7+ years championing and delivering on UX best practices
What we look for:
- Strong understanding of product development life cycles
- Experience with design sprints in an Agile development process, and Lean UX methodologies
- Strong proﬁciency wireframing and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with frontend code and web/mobile-based environments
- Experience with mobile, tablet and responsive design
- Ability to gather and synthesize different types of usability research; surveys, A/B tests, user interviews, eye tracking, and usability tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem solving; able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Excellent communication skills. Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to build UX advocates in cross-discipline teams
- Business Acumen and able to present to stakeholders
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.