Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo Arizona is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• Video Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Candidate must work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
• Excellent driving record.
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, AZ.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• The position requires traveling.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.