- Full Time
Guilford Press is looking for an organized and detail oriented Marketing Assistant to join our team. This position reports to the Assistant Marketing Director, and has a busy and detailed role in supporting the marketing department, which includes:
- Working with acquisition editors on securing pre-publication endorsements from prominent professionals for use online, on book jackets, and in marketing materials.
- Effectively tracking rapidly-changing status of dozens of projects.
- Accurately updating our title information database, including making copy changes and entering various information.
- Processing a variety of departmental memos that relate to the endorsement process.
- Various other administrative duties, such as completing audits and running reports, as needed.
This position functions as a liaison between acquisition editors and authors, requiring excellent communication and follow up skills. This position handles processing numerous emails, and entering of a large volume of data in a timely and accurate manner. In addition to the ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks with accuracy and promptness, being able to meet important deadlines while effectively communicating any issues is essential. As such, our ideal candidate must have outstanding organizational and communication skills, and an impeccable attention to detail.
A minimum of two years’ relevant experience is ideal, preferably within publishing. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database programs is required. Conference travel is also required. A college degree is preferred.
Candidates should send their resume with a well-written cover letter, including salary requirement, to the attention of Andrea Lansing at email@example.com. Please note that resumes received without cover letters will not be considered. A well-written cover letter would ideally address your skills, and how they may apply to the above job requirements. You must include the title of the position in the email subject line: “Marketing Assistant”.