7 days left
- Full Time
The Associate Editor is responsible for writing, editing, posting and administering the digital edition of a tabloid newspaper for neurology physicians as well as a consumer-friendly magazine for patients published in cooperation with a medical society partner. Writes and posts daily brief news articles for the publication website as well as writes long-form articles as assigned by the editor. Writes and/or edits brief news for e-newsletters from major science/brain research conferences. Drafts and posts social media daily for both publications and develops best practices/strategies for driving traffic to the publication websites. Regularly conduct analysis of web traffic/metrics for both publications. Copyedits, fact-checks, and proofreads assigned articles. Surveys daily news feeds to determine noteworthy briefs in the specialty for possible article follow-up and/or posting to the website news blogs. Researches and keeps up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics for both the physician and consumer-friendly publication.
Attends relevant meetings/conferences as assigned, conferring with editor about which to follow up on to write articles about, conducting additional interviews as needed. Works with the editor to manage/traffic production of the print/digital editions. Finds free or low-cost artwork to use to enhance articles both in print and on online. Participates in and contributes to regular department and company-wide meetings, as well as publication-specific meetings. Participates in regular meetings with — and maintains a positive working relationship with — staff and officers of the medical society partner; responds to the needs and concerns of readers of both publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Demonstrate knowledge of html coding and web administration.
- Write and post daily brief news stories to website.
- Write briefs/longer form articles on relevant meetings.
- Track metrics for websites.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking.
- Post regularly to the social media sites to drive traffic to publication website.
- Researching/keeping up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics.
- Research and identify appropriate free/low-cost artwork to use to enhance articles both in print and online.
- Participate in and contribute to publication-specific meetings with the society partner, as well as department-wide and company-wide meetings.
- Assist with new product planning and development.
- Performs other editorial tasks and projects as needed.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s preferred, or if no degree, relevant experience.
- 3+ years editorial experience and/or combined experience (comprising internships and work assignments) preferably with controlled-circulation, newspaper-style publications; medical publishing experience preferred.
- Experience with html, SEO strategies, and best practices in social media.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong editing and rewriting skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of social media sites.
- Familiarity with creating podcasts.
- Ability to work closely with editorial and design teams.
- Ability to work closely with staff of medical society partner.
- Cover letter preferred when applying.
Travel: 10 – 15%, travel to several conferences throughout the year, primarily domestic.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.