- Full Time
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking an Editorial Assistant to join its College Editorial Department to assist our Geology, Earth Science, and Biological Anthropology lists. This is a full-time, entry level position based out of Norton’s New York City headquarters.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include :
• Management of manuscripts in all stages of production; preparing manuscripts for copyediting and production and preparing art logs and art manuscripts for permissions and production.
• Professionally interacting with authors, production, marketing, and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages.
• Administrative management: organizing and maintaining files; routing contract requests and content agreements; tracking manuscripts; copying, printing, and emailing.
• Conducting and tracking reviews for instructor feedback in service of manuscript preparation and title revisions.
• Tracking and processing payments.
• Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects and/or office responsibilities. Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
• Must be able to work standard business hours from Norton’s New York City Headquarters.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Must be able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions.
• Must be able to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of employees.
• Must be seen as knowledgeable and capable of handling sensitive, critical information.
• Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and adjust with a “can-do” attitude.
• Must be self-directed and independent.
• Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi-tasking across departments, activities, and projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy, with minimal mistakes.
• Mastery of email and calendar management tools required, specifically Outlook.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with W. W. Norton is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the human resource manager.