Digital Creators Program
Comedy Central & Viacom Digital Studios is currently accepting applications for its 2020 Digital Creators Program. The program seeks to identify emerging comedians with unique points of view who are looking to grow their personal brands and provides them with the opportunity to showcase their talents across Comedy Central’s digital platforms during a single 9-month term from March through December 2020. By developing and producing social-first content, these Creators will be exposed to new and exciting opportunities, allowing for personal and professional growth. This program serves as an incubation tool by providing education, mentorship and collaborative opportunities.
Under the guidance of the program director and other executive leaders, these Creators will have the opportunity – as well as the responsibility – to explore their areas of personal interest. These Creators will work alongside our in-house writers, producers, directors, editors and animators to produce content for social platforms and to develop new ways and best practices to present content in the digital landscape.
As Digital Creators, these individuals will be provided with the necessary tools and resources to enhance their professional skills and to build sustainable relationships with fellow Creators and the Comedy Central brand. By the end of the term, our Creators will have been exposed to or received:
- Press and brand affiliation
- Strong consideration for internal casting opportunities, including stand-up sets and micro-series
- Enrollment in courses and training in the field
- A robust portfolio showcasing their accomplishments, including a personalized reel and headshots
- General meetings with colleagues across departments
- Assistance in growing and verifying social media profiles
- One development-lead limited digital project
The program is geared toward:
- Emerging with distinct points of view
- Self-starters with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Those with a strong working knowledge of social media platforms who are actively working to grow their audience online
- Individuals with a strong work ethic who are looking for a professional development opportunity
- Creators with experience both writing and performing in digital content
TO APPLY - PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING BY TUESDAY 1/21/2020:
- Cover letter introducing yourself as a candidate and including the following:
- Links to three of your favorite social videos made by others on the internet. Please include a brief explanation of your choices.
- Name three of your comedic inspirations or influences. Please include a brief explanation of your choices.
- What comes to mind when you think of Comedy Central?
- Resume, including contact information, social channels
- Headshot or photo