Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is looking for a Collections Representative to join our Credit Control & Collections Team in our Jersey City office. The main purpose of the role is to perform credit control practices and procedures, ensuring effective cash collection within the US Credit Control Team of the Springer Nature Group.
The successful candidate will become the central service point for any customer issues as a result of the collection process. An element of this is the follow up on dispute cases, and intensive collaboration with other Springer Nature departments.
- Collection of outstanding receivables per telephone and email
- Maintain the accounts receivable ledger so that the ledger reflects a true and clear picture of current outstanding debt.
- Help meet collection targets as agreed with Management.
- Provide accurate information on daily and monthly reports as required.
- Ensure that all relevant administrative tasks are completed on a regular basis, follow up on dispute cases, and propose write off of uncollectable claims.
- Monitoring the payment behaviour of customers and propose/coordinate when delinquent accounts should have electronic access removed.
- Knowledge of credit control procedures in an international environment and across currencies – minimum of 3 years credit control experience
- Understanding of accounts reconciliation, sales ledger systems, and resolving unapplied payments/credits.
- Experience with credit control methods and procedures
- Experience with Excel/MS Word desired
- SAP FI working experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external parties
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.