Strategy Lead COX2M, Smart Communities
- Full Time
Cox Communications is now hiring for a Smart Communities Strategy Lead for its Cox2M business line. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line within Cox Communications established in 2018. The Cox2M Team’s mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents. You’ll be a vital contributor in on the Smart Communities team within Cox2M, working with a dynamic group of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technologies. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more.
About the Job
Be a leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced venture where you will be responsible for identifying the strategic vision for Cox2M’s Smart Communities team. This is an opportunity to leave an impact on our communities for decades. The work produced in this role has the capability to change the way we live, work and play within our communities. This role will drive market insights, conduct competitive research, discover new ways of doing business within the smart community’s space, and support the development of public private partnerships. Our communities face complex challenges, this role will play a critical role in shaping the way our communities adopt solutions to solve such challenges. The Smart Communities Strategy Lead is to unlock innovative business models and identify innovative strategic positioning so that the Smart Communities team can continue to move fast, wow customers and deliver groundbreaking solutions that solve real challenges.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Identifies, leads and manages strategic assessments on technology, community challenges, and smart city trends that may be relevant to Cox2M offerings.
• Manages strategic assessments of potential business opportunities.
• Provides thought leadership and serves as a catalyst for strategic discussions and decision-making to develop options for long term growth.
• Works closely with a cross-functional team within the Smart Communities tea, to develop a consensus around, and support for, strategies that impact Cox.
• Evaluates investment opportunities that align with strategy or are deemed critical to the Smart Communities team’s success and to further enhance long-term viability of leading-edge technologies, products or services.
• Provide proactive leadership in researching market, product, competitive, and technology trends to enhance strategic options.
• Evaluates and recommend acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, investments and internal start-ups to support the Smart Communities team’s strategic goals.
• Develop business, financial, and operational plans for new business opportunities
• Develop detailed financial models to articulate the financial value provided to cities and to Cox
• Perform primary and secondary research to better understand our customers, competitors, and our markets
• Develop PowerPoint presentations that represent the outputs of the financial model
• Become proficient in the Co2M stack and solution suite and their points of integration.
Qualifications:Skills and Qualifications
• 3+ years of related experience; corporate strategy, consulting, private equity, M&A.
• 3 or more years of experience in a Strategic Position or Finance Position (e.g. Experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or experience on strategy, growth, or due diligence cases)
• Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, lead and facilitate strategy discussions across the organization
• Experience in start-up businesses and/or end-to-end new product development experience, with entrepreneurial spirit
• Demonstratable knowledge of Financial Modeling and PowerPoint presentation development
• BS/BA degree in quantitative discipline desired (Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.)
• Experience in telecommunications or “High Tech” environment
• Experience in big data and analytics preferred
• General Working knowledge of technology highly preferred (e.g. know OSI model)
• General working knowledge of Operations and Interdependencies preferred
• IoT/Smart City knowledge and experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.