Intern - Marketing (KSTS - Telemundo 48)
Location: San Jose, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
KSTS - Telemundo 48's Internship provides students with real world experience and exposure to working in a top ten television market.Successful interns will demonstrate a passion for learning and the ability to step out of their comfort zone. We are looking for students who are highly motivated and who can function as a team member or independently in a fast-paced news environment.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Be self-reliant and able to efficiently prioritize and complete tasks independentlyModerate social media accounts and discussion on an as-needed basisPartner with NBC Bay Area on bi-lingual, cross-promotional projectsHelp with logs, affiliate relations & FCC complianceCoordinate and manage daily station promo logs for two stationsAssist with event coordination – duties ranging from securing venues, ordering premiums, executing contracts, researching vendors, etc.Ability to work nights/weekends for event coverage or tight deadlines when needed
NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress. We will consider recent graduates one semester beyond degree.
• Current class standing of Junior or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• The ability to work at the station, located at 2450 N. First Street, San Jose, CA
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and client relation skills
• Strong ability to write conversational, action-oriented marketing copy in Spanish
• Comfortable with using and administering CMS and social media platforms
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends if requested
• Computer proficiency required (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Fluent in Spanish (Speak, read & write) preferred
• Strong written and communication skills at all levels
• Excellent computer skills
• Well organized with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop or Illustrator) preferred, but not required
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.