Vice President, Marketing
- Full Time
Vice President, Marketing
Team: Multiplatform Marketing and Content
The Vice President, Marketing is responsible for the overall branding and marketing of PBS across all audience touchpoints. This leader will develop a holistic strategy to effectively position and promote PBS, its programming and distribution platforms in the market, with its member stations and in collaboration with its production partners (e.g. Masterpiece, Frontline, etc.). Ultimately, the responsibility of the VP, Marketing is to grow and protect the PBS brand, communicate the company’s values, implement marketing programs that represent a diversity of perspectives and inspire new and existing audiences.
The Vice President, Marketing will serve as a thought leader by sparking innovation and creativity across all marketing channels, with an emphasis on leveraging PBS-branded digital platforms including PBS.org, series websites, PBS social media accounts, email newsletters, PBS Video apps and PBS’ marquee member benefit, PBS Passport, which provides extended access to PBS programming for qualifying local station supporters. As a member of the Digital Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President will collaborate with and influence other PBS stakeholders to develop long-range strategic plans, programs, policies and product offerings to realize the organization’s strategic vision and mission.
Reporting to the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, this role will oversee a team of Marketing professionals.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the following PBS Marketing functions & teams:
- Brand management.
- Media planning and paid social media.
- Programming and content promotion.
- Member station outreach and marketing support.
- Continually establish, evangelize and implement digital marketing best practices for both PBS and its production partners, with a key focus on:
- Growing reach, engagement and retention of digital audience on PBS platforms as well as through distribution partners (e.g. Apple, Roku, YouTube, etc. ).
- Developing and driving innovative ways to leverage existing and emerging digital channels.
- Strengthening the PBS social channel strategy from the ideation and content creation process to the coordination and scheduling of media.
- Lead Marketing staff, providing overall management as well as ongoing support, mentorship, recognition and direction.
- Continually collaborate with cross-functional departments including Fundraising, General Audience Programming, Creative Services, Station Services, Business Intelligence and Communications to achieve the following:
- Set financial and operational objectives, expectations and metrics for delivering marketing and content to the public and PBS local stations.
- Develop processes to ensure that marketing strategies are seamlessly integrated into the short and long-term plans of key departmental stakeholders.
- Drive membership and support of PBS with a focus on developing and promoting Passport as a platform for digital fundraising across member stations.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experience leading marketing within content-driven, entertainment brands and bring deep expertise across all digital platforms, video content development and advertising technologies.
- Ability to navigate and drive audience engagement across the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
- Strategic, consumer-centric and disruptive marketing leader who understands how to identify and unlock a brands’ inherent value.
- Be on the pulse of emerging digital trends and bring strong instincts for what will resonate with today’s consumers.
- People-first leader who thrives on inspiring and collaborating with others.
- Highly effective communicator who can build credibility and partner with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Employ a hands-on approach to seize opportunities and make things happen by being resourceful, resilient and entrepreneurial.
- Proven track record of effectively navigating and managing multiple stakeholders and be comfortable presenting to clients, the board, and large audiences.
- Intellectually curious and have a true passion for and commitment to the PBS mission.
- Bachelor’s degree; or a combination of education and advanced relevant skills/experience. Master’s degree is desired.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities