Financial Analyst, Audio/Diversified Division
The Audio/Diversified division of Penguin Random House is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented self-starter to join our team as a Financial Analyst. This position will provide support to the VP of Audio Strategy & Finance and the rest of the division’s finance team in managing and analyzing the day-to-day operations of the division. Specifically, this position will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, forecasting and ad hoc analysis. This position will have primary responsibility for providing support for the fast-growing imprints in the PRH Audio business. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and motivated person who is looking to grow and learn.
The ideal candidate will handle the following responsibilities:
* Manage monthly financial closings, including detailed analyses of sales, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, accruals and title count;
* Create monthly summaries of financial performance and key performance indicators;
* Prepare formal quarterly forecasts for corporate submissions and aid the transition to rolling forecasts using Anaplan software;
* Assist editorial and marketing staff in preparing and understanding title P&Ls to analyze acquisition and promotional opportunities;
* Assist on special projects (e.g., analyses of new investments and business models, sales trend analyses, cost studies, profitability analyses, and account analysis); and
* Help to automate monthly reporting and improve analysis/business intelligence utilizing in-house software (such as Microsoft PowerBI).
* BS in Acct./Finance preferred
* Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience
* Strong business and analytical skills, including an understanding of basic financial and accounting principles
* Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Attention to detail and accuracy, ideally combined with an ability to see the big picture
* Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Excel (including vlookups and pivot tables) and PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI, Anaplan, SAP and Business Objects preferred, and data science skills (e.g., knowledge of R or Python) would be a bonus
* Prior work experience within the book publishing or media industry is a plus, as is a love for books
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.