Podcast Producer, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC, the world leader in business news, is seeking a Podcast Producer with exceptional storytelling skills and podcast production experience to support the day-to-day production of CNBC’s flagship daily news podcast, and the launches of upcoming news podcast series under CNBC’s Business Day brands.
The ideal candidate will have solid business news acumen and editorial judgement, with exceptional audio production skills, and will bring a strength of experience to weigh in on and contribute to related podcast projects. A strong candidate will also have experience adapting TV content to an audio-first voice and telling compelling business news stories.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position with an estimated duration of 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. You must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Role & Responsibilities:
Audio tape producing, including real-time scripting and editing of live and just-aired show segments for daily news podcast under tight deadlinePartner with editors on process, content, revisions to meet publish deadlineLead production of at least two weekly news podcast seriesPlan story development and production processSort through multimedia content – videos, scripts, newsletters, and more -- to develop, adapt, and create compelling segments and storiesProduce and write scripts for episodes, including intros, teases, edited segments, edited descriptions, and social media postsPre-producing evergreen segmentsMaintaining music cue sheets, master episode list, archived segments, etc.Partner with anchors, reporters, producers, and editors in developing stories and in production processOther related production duties as required
• At least 2 years of audio production or related storytelling experience
• High level of skill in audio production and writing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment
• Familiarity with tools like iNEWS, Stratus, and Edius
• Experience producing, mixing, and editing audio content on tight deadlines
• Strong audio mixing and editing experience
• Strong organizational skills, along with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of CNBC's content, brand, 30-year legacy and ongoing publicly available initiatives
• Minimal travel may be involved
• At least 2 years in news or nonfiction audio storytelling
• Experience coaching and working with talent
• Able to multi-task and prioritize, and capable of handling projects with minimal oversight
• Detail-oriented self-starter with strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Avid podcast consumer, particularly of news and business stories
• Ability to navigate a complex production environment with ease
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.