Location: McAllen, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Participates and coordinates all parts of the creation of a TV spot from inception to broadcast.Includes pre-production and planning meeting with account sales executives and clients; script writing, professional voice over and selection of music bed.Operating of all portable video (field cameras) and audio equipment.Transports and sets up all required lighting and audio equipment including lavalieres, wireless receivers, handheld and shotgun microphones.Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.Assist with costumes, props, music, or other additional equipment or personnel needed to complete the production.In post-production selects footage, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment edits, add graphics, voice over, music bed and include sound effects to create the final product utilizing Final Cut Pro (Motion, Live type, etc.) and/or Abode Production Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, etc.) video editing software.Collaborate on Promotional and Sponsorable assets as needed.Compresses video projects for output for clients’ demonstration and broadcast.Responsible for the quality of each commercial produced.Quality control can involve several duties, such as verifying accurate information and placing legal disclaimers into advertisement spots if required.Producer must also verify that commercials meet certain legal and broadcasting standards.Reviews productions to ensure objectives are attained according to client requirements and insures production is ready for air prior to start date.Perform all other tasks necessary to carry out the foregoing functions and any other functions consistent with, or reasonably inferable from, the foregoing.OTHER RESPONSIBLITIES may include but are not limited to:
Under general direction produces, directs, creates, shoots and edits television commercials for advertisers. This is done by planning and coordinating various aspects of television production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
. Client Relations
•Participate at station promotional events as necessary.
May perform some maintenance on production vehicle such as checking oil, tire pressure, etc.Familiarizes various station personnel with all production and use of audio/video equipment as necessary.Work closely with Marketing team to collaborate on Station Initiatives and Campaign or events.
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity and ability to work with audio and video equipment required.
• Ability to write Spanish creative scripts that communicates clients' message(s) effectively.
• Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to create and design art work for printed materials (posters, flyers and/or web graphics) if necessary.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Should have ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Must have clean driving history.
• Must provide proof of current Texas driver's license, vehicle insurance and registration as requested.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be willing to work in McAllen, TX
• 2-4 years of Television Production experience
• Consumer marketing across multiple media including creative management
• Deep knowledge of multimedia and trends
• Strong strategic and analytical skill set
• Television or cable marketing experience a plus
• Excellent verbal,
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.