The Freelance Podcast producer will report to the Director, Original Content, Audio & Video and work on all NBC Sports Washington’s podcast shows, including show content/structure, distribution and promotion. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a producer within a best-in-class podcast network, and demonstrates an understanding of how to properly scale the product. Responsibilities Oversee the production of each podcast, including building and executing an organized show rundown, booking guests, and editing and posting content to relevant audio, video and social media platforms.Coordinate with digital leadership and the assignment desk to manage a weekly schedule that covers show recording times, guest call-ins and other relevant informationCoordinate with Sales to ensure sponsors’ needs are being met and to present new opportunitiesBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least two (2) years producing audio content that’s also distributed on video and social media
- Proven proficiency in audio and video editing tools (Zoom, Sony and Adobe preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of social media and how it can build podcast engagement
- Experience building show rundowns, and successfully communicating and executing them
- Knowledge of current Washington/Baltimore sports and how national sports news affects local teams
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, preferably in a fast-paced newsroom and/or production company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to prioritize and make critical programming decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and editorial personnel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.