Meredith-Atlanta is searching for an experienced sales professional to fill a Key Account Consultant Role. The Key Account Consultant works with a local sales marketing team to determine strategy in maintaining, growing and developing local accounts for the team and station. The Key Account Consultant must be a creative concept seller that can work with a team to develop and sell custom marketing campaigns to local clients utilizing our growing suite of multi-platform products. The position must also work with the team to implement marketing plans and provide creative direction to clients. The Key Account Consultant is also responsible along with the Local Sales Manager to build and direct a small cohesive team that meets market demands and consistently exceeds revenue budgets.
- Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
35% Manage and grow existing advertising agency and key local accounts with other team members. Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active interest in learning about their business needs and competitive landscapes.
25% Lead the selected sales team by working with Local Sales Manager to determine strategy to achieve and exceed revenue goals. Help set a vision and strategy for how products are equipped and sold to reach their best potential customers and grow existing customer base.
15% Consistently uncover the needs of clients and have a deep understanding of how our broadcast and offerings can grow their business. Build positive, lasting client relationships based on effectively achieving clients' objectives.
15% Negotiate and close fully integrated multi-platform media campaigns with team members. Stay educated and assist with training in the latest products and marketing concepts.
10% Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts. Stay abreast of details requiring immediate attention and empower specific team members to proactively assist as needed.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: One to two years media sales (TV, radio, cable) experience and some sales management preferred. Proven track record of sales accomplishments and development of successful sales presentations.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and strong people skills required.
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media preferred.
- Effective time management and delegation skills.
- Adept at research and strategizing client needs.
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions; adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
- Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Nielsen, WideOrbit, ComScore and Scarborough a plus.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, goal-driven, competitive and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
- Valid driver's license is required.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 10-15%