Social Media Associate Director
- Full Time
Job Description Summary
Do you love using social media to tell stories and create an unforgettable brand identity? Bentley University is hiring a Social Media Associate Director to shape its social media strategy, build online audiences, coordinate the university's social media accounts and update social channels on a daily basis. The ideal candidate has held a similar role at a well-established brand and enjoys both executing social media programs as well as serving in an advisory role, counseling senior executives, student assistants and other in-house practitioners in social media best practices
- Serve as the university's brand voice across multiple social media channels, conveying a positive, lively, upbeat view of life at Bentley for current students, prospective students and families, media and other audiences.
- Understand the overarching goals of a campaign and be able to identify the correct social media channels and tactics to achieve those goals.
- Create and schedule content to multiple university social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Snapchat in order to increase loyalty and engagement among Bentley's online audiences and grow those audiences.
- Work closely with writers, photographers, videographers and other content producers in a collaborative, team-first way to produce multi-media content for social channels including engaging photos, videos, graphics and infographics.
- Understand the differences among the university's social media channels, including which of our audiences “live” on each as well as the type and frequency of content best-suited for each.
- Serve as an advisor to social media users across the university in choosing which social media platforms to use, the type and frequency of content to post, and other social media best practices.
- Coordinate the style and messaging across social media accounts from various university departments, ensuring a consistent approach that supports the university's overall brand.
- Use tools such as SproutSocial, Google Analytics or social media channels' native measurement tools to set campaign goals, gauge the effectiveness of campaigns, and recommend new approaches as needed to reach those goals.
- Manage two to four student interns to help cover on-campus events and illustrate the dynamism of life at Bentley.
- Take photos and/or video as needed to accompany social media posts.
- Keep up to date on changing social media best practices to keep Bentley's social media platforms ahead of the curve.
- Assist in using social media as part of crisis communications when appropriate.
- Advise the university's associate director of internal communications to guide the president's personal social media strategy.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of communications experience with progressive responsibility, including at least three years of social media execution and engagement.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of SproutSocial, Google Analytics, Facebook or other native social measurement analytic tools.
- Ability to build relationships with people across the university, including students and colleagues from other departments, to tell their stories and showcase life on campus.
- Ability to work closely on a daily basis in a team setting, collaborate with others, and contribute to a positive work culture
- Experience in photography and videography.
- Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop or other content creation tools.
- Typical office setting with extensive computer work
- Ability to travel to various sites and locations around campus
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8jgrsrwgnptkp745