- Full Time
Managing Editor, IHI
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more than 25 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
Do you have experience creating engaging online courses? Are you excited about finding new ways to educate the next generation of health care leaders? Are you passionate about delivering practical, valuable content to customers in creative ways? If the answer to these questions is “Yes,” let us tell you about the new Managing Editor position at IHI.
We’re looking for creative colleague, with at least 3 years of editorial experience — ideally with a background in online course creation. Our model candidate has:
- Top-notch writing and editing skills that prioritize clear, engaging communication
- Exceptional editorial judgment and the ability to tailor content to different audiences
- Experience developing online content and courses that feature a variety of multimedia elements, including text, video, infographics, and assessments
- Experience creating both long- and short-form content
- The ability to play a variety of editorial roles, including acquisitions editor, developmental editor, content (including video) editor, copyeditor/fact checker, proofreader, and disseminator
- Ideas on how to make content more engaging, current, and relevant to the target audience based on learner feedback and metrics
- An abundance of creativity and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and manage self toward goals, while being a genuine "team player"
- The ability to accept a high degree of change and ambiguity as project goals evolve
- A proven track record of nailing deadlines—without exception
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with colleagues, teams, and senior leaders throughout an organization
- Accelerated joy in their workplace, and espouses IHI’s values of equity, love, courage, and trust
In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with experts to develop and help distribute strategic educational content for IHI. You’ll rely on your experience, research skills, knowledge of audience engagement, and exceptional editorial judgment to produce high-quality content, often with limited faculty involvement. In addition to developing new content to educate and attract customers, you’ll also responsible for updating existing content, which requires strong organizational and project management skills.
What’s it like to work at IHI? You’ll be joining a talented and diverse team of difference makers who work hard, learn from challenges, and celebrate success. You’ll be stimulated and energized to break through the often large and daunting barriers we face. You’ll be surrounded by optimism, grounded in rigorous science, and inspired by achieving results that stick. You’ll expand your capabilities through the many engaged faculty members, advisors, thought leaders and organizations that we partner with in our work. You’ll also enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package that prioritizes your personal and professional development and wellness, which includes things such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K options with a generous company match
- Starting balance of 29 days of vacation (including holidays), and unlimited sick time
- …and much more!
If you’re thinking “wow, this sounds like a great opportunity,” we invite you to share your cover letter and resume for consideration here.