Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Freelance/ possible Full Time
Estimated Duration: Possible Full Time
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Rate: Up to $20/hr or up to $42,000/year DOE
A client in Alexandria, VA is looking for a freelance to possible full-time Communications Specialist to join their team.
- Write and develop copy, messaging, and digital advertising that reaches target audiences effectively.
- Develop content and ideas for news articles, social media, print and e-newsletters, press releases, annual reports, fundraising solicitations, and other communications.
- Conduct interviews for newsletter features.
- Upload content to websites, managing SEO, keywords and maintenance of sites.
- Write scripts, and create attractive PowerPoints.
- Ensure all content is consistent and on-brand
- The Communications Specialist will manage webinar schedules and their promotion.
- Support social media strategy.
- Develop and maintain press lists and be a contact for all press related inquiries.
- Secure placement of news in outside publications.
- Work with graphic designers and other vendors as required.
- Be able to travel 2-4 times per year
Qualifications of Communications Specialist:
- 0-2 years experience, nonprofit experience highly desired.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Be very organized and manage projects against tight deadlines.
- Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent storytelling, writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to translate technical info into the understandable copy.
- Familiarity with AP style.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Apply for Communications Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly