Credit Cards Writer
- Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
FinanceBuzz, a Launch Potato company, is growing and seeking amazing people to join our talented editorial team. As one of the fastest-growing personal finance media companies of 2020, our ethos is financial empowerment with a strong sense of community. We guide our readers to make smart personal finance decisions to help them “make moves” bettering their lives.
UNLIMITED CAREER GROWTH
- Work directly with the founding team, 4 Internet Execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up
- Hands-on training & mentorship with unlimited career growth across departments and brands
- Company-wide profit-sharing
PERSONAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Flexible paid time off policies including an additional ten paid holidays
- Six weeks paid time off for maternity leave
- Health insurance (stipend), dental insurance (100% covered)
INTERNATIONAL TEAM CULTURE
- Annual company retreats with the global team
- High-performing, transparent, and respectful team culture (5.0 Glassdoor)
- Dog-friendly workplace
As a Credit Cards Writer at FinanceBuzz, you’ll be responsible for producing high-quality content that helps our readers navigate the world of credit cards, credit card rewards, and loyalty programs. You’ll have deep expertise and a knack for explaining credit card benefits and points and miles in a way that’s engaging and easy to understand. You’ll also be able to adapt to various content types including short- and long-form stories and timely features without missing a beat.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Helping readers understand credit cards and how to maximize rewards while navigating the complexities of points, miles, and loyalty programs with consumer-focused stories
- Producing precise and engaging stories while maintaining high-quality standards with minimal input from editors
- Writing 5-10 stories per week, depending on story type, length, and complexity
- Pitching 6-12 stories a month that align with our business strategy and audience’s interest
- Identifying credit card/rewards trends and timely industry insights, helping us understand where to focus our attention
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to help shape content, social, email, push, and PR strategies
- Responding to media requests and serving as an ambassador of FinanceBuzz as needed
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for credit card information and education
- Ensuring existing content stays fresh
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 2+ years of professional writing experience
- Expert knowledge and passion for all things credit cards rewards like points, miles, and cashback, using credit card rewards to book travel and ways to travel smarter using rewards
- Versatility to tackle a mix of story types and a willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
Extra points for:
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- A data-driven approach and ability to interpret and incorporate data to strengthen a story
- Familiarity with AP style as well as tools similar to Google Docs, Asana, and Slack
Want to be part of a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.