Platform Operations Analyst, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Platform Operations Analyst will be part of the Platform Operations team supporting the 24x7x365 ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Analyst will provide eyes-on-glass monitoring from within the Direct-to-Consumer Digital Network Operations Center to ensure system availability and will manage any production incidents that occur during their shift. Responsibilities
Monitor the availability and performance of the end-to-end systems responsible for delivery NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platformsAcknowledging any system alerts and ensuring that proper engineering teams are notified and engaged to resolve incidents where appropriateCoordinate messaging platform and telephone conference bridges for all high and major incidents to bring together all teams and vendors required to resolve the incidentEnsure that all incidents are recorded in ServiceNow and proper hand off of RCAsWork with Change Advisory Board to ensure that all changes are deployed according to approved schedule and report out on status of changes deployed during shift Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a digital media business, particularly in an operations role
- Technical proficient and able to diagnose and debug complex technical issues quickly
- Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is completed per group standards
Knowledge of video streaming platforms and cloud computing providers a plus
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Availability to travel as required
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.