Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for designated Telemundo Las Vegas - KBLR newscasts or program across KBLR’s multiple platforms
Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news program
Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present Telemundo Las Vegas KBLR news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
Participate in station-sponsored and tentpole events
Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
Participate in editorial meetings, proofread scripts and work hand in hand with newscast producers, executive producers
• BA or BS in related field.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor/reporter experience.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Candidate must have excellent Spanish and English writing skills as well as very strong verbal skills.
• Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• He/she will be responsible for the production of assigned news content by writing and editing for broadcast and all digital platforms.
• As Anchor/Producer, candidate will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the shift assigned.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• General Assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
• A history of newsroom leadership.
• A history of working well with news staff.
• Spanish and English languages proficiency (reading and writing).
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.