The Cubs Multi-Platform Producer is a crucial member of our digital content team. This position must have a strong knowledge of web publishing, non-linear editing and an in-depth knowledge of local sports, specifically the Chicago Cubs and the MLB. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with multiple skill sets centered around writing, editing, and storytelling. Exceptional communication skills are vital for this fast-paced news environment. The ability to identify a news story and quickly build out digital content is a must. Responsibilities
Create content specifically for the NBC Sports Chicago website and social accountsPublish content using a Drupal digital content management systemBe comfortable writing highly visible stories about the Chicago CubsAssist digital, social media, and original content teams in field productionStrong base of AP-Style writing skillsIn-touch with the voice and demand of the fans as it pertains to sports newsUse Adobe Photoshop to edit graphic templates for social mediaPerform other duties and responsibilities as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in digital sports content
Must be willing to travel, work nights and weekendsEligibility Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Thorough knowledge of local/national sports landscapes
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop / Premiere preferred
- Strong knowledge of social media, with a Blackhawks and NHL focus
- Ability to handle demands and work in a high paced environment
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.