The project director is a member of the Marketing & Brand Strategy team. Responsible for project management and support of the execution and coordination of marketing campaigns and activities to build and sustain NBC Entertainment show brands throughout their multi-platform lifecycle on a project basis as needed. Essential Responsibilities: Be an authority on assigned shows/brands and serve as a hub of information
Ongoing follow up with all departments to ensure deadlines and deliverables are metConsistent communication with partners and departments providing relevant project/show status updatesDeliver assets in a timely manner and confirm partners have what they need Collaborate with the senior and cross-functional teams to further enhance and finalize cross-discipline strategic approach: including launch briefs and audience targetingTrack status and progress of plans and/or campaigns, including monitoring timelines and calendars and encouraging everyone towards the agreed upon goals.Support and represent the lead brand contact as needed with other internal NBC Entertainment departments (e.g. Publicity, Sales/Creative Partnerships, Programming and Consumer Products) and external partners and help integrate and coordinate plans.Participate in weekly/daily creative meetings to stay up to speed with planned and developing creative content (print, digital, video), ensuring it aligns with the relevant strategies and targets. Know all of the content being created in all departments and create and monitor the strategic roll out there-of. Stay in sync with sister marketing departments including Media (Off-Air and On-Air), Video Creative, Social Media, Digital Creative, Promotions & Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing to understand and support their plans and leverage them across departments and platforms if applicableHave a thorough understanding of NBC’s priority shows including the show’s strategy, goals and target audience in order to effectively manage projectsBasic Qualifications:
- Know storylines, casting, key production info, scheduling, etc. Monitor performance/health of the show, research, ratings, press, insights, social commentary, digital platform viewing and metrics.
- Liaison with Programming, studios, publicity, production companies and other external entities that manage the show as directed by the lead Director on the show/brand.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of marketing experience, preferably at an agency or television environmentEligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution ProgramDesired Characteristics:
• Marketing experience in entertainment/media strongly preferred
• Experience in project management in entertainment/media strongly preferred
• Experience in online, digital or social media marketing preferred
• Strategic and creative thinker who is a self-starter, flexible and can function in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with technical and creative development team members.
• Proactive planning and solid project planning and time management skills
• Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital platforms
• Strong attention to detail in an environment that requires extensive multi-tasking and multiple deadlines
• Ability to forge cross-functional relationships and collaboration in a creative, team-oriented environment
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strategic and flexible with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.